Why is education and sustainability in radiochemistry such a problem?
- Because the universities cancel it from the curriculum.
- And why do universities do this?
- Because the impact of the field is not visible; the associate journals have a very low science citation impact factor and there are insufficient alliances between radiochemists and the new emerging sciences of the 21st century.
What is the IAEA doing?
- Prepare a nice looking and stimulating brochure on “Profitable applications of nuclear analytical techniques”
- Consultants meeting in April 2002 about “Assessment of the teaching and application in radiochemistry” (more or less a global situation review)
- Expert meeting to prepare “Training modules in Radiochemistry” (April, 2003)
- Technical meeting for University teachers and Trainers in Radiochemistry (2004)